- 15 cherry tomatoes
- 1 heirloom tomato sliced
- 1 cucumber slice thin on mandolin
- shallot thinly sliced
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup goat cheese
- 1 1/2 Tbsp of apple juice
- salt & pepper to taste
- Blanch cherry tomatoes in boiling water for about 4-5 seconds then refresh in ice water. Peel, place in a small sauce pot with olive oil and lemon zest then heat to warm then set aside.
- To make the goat cheese mousee blend the cheese with apple juice season the set aside.
- To plate arrange heirloom tomatoes, then cherry tomates, cucumbers and goat cheese mousee. Drizzle with white balsamic and a little of the olive oil, sprinkle shallots on top. Finish with salt,pepper and a few arugula leaves.
"I think it matures them ... We're hard on them in all sorts of departments. From how they dress to how they treat others to how they work together. They're no longer individuals - they have to work as a team. They have a code of conduct which they need to follow very strictly. It does a lot to turn them on to the next step of their lives."