Har Gow Dough
- wheat starch, 228 grams
- potato starch, 85 grams
- water, 456 grams
- potato starch (separate), 85 grams
Begin by bringing water to a boil. Combine wheat starch and 3 oz of potato starch in a bowl. Pour boiling water in slowly, while mixing the flour together. Once a firm dough has formed, let it cool down at room temperature for about 10 minutes, or until cool to the touch. Knead in the remaining 3 oz of potato starch until dough is a smooth and even texture. Divide, lightly oil, and wrap up tightly for later use.
Har Gow Filling
- soy sauce, 125 grams
- water, 62.5 ml
- yuzu, 25 grams
- gelatin, 10 sheets
- rice wine vinegar, 5 grams
- lemon zest, 1/8 of lemon
- Bloom Gelatine.
- Combine all ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and whisk in bloomed gelatin.
- taro root, 1kg
- onions, 200 grams
- butter, 50 grams
- miso paste, 30 grams
- 36% cream, 25 grams
- water, 200 grams
- edamame, 10 grams
- Steam peeled and diced taro root for approximately 15 minutes. Put through ricer into bowl.
- Sauté diced onion with butter until tender.
- Add miso paste and cream to onions.
- Add riced taro root to mixture. Add water and mix.
- Cook out some moisture from taro filling then take off heat and cool.
- Fold in double shucked edamame beans.